Always remember to keep this in a safe place where children cannot reach it.
Remember to seek advice from your pharmacist about medicines, but here is a list of items useful in case of minor illnesses or accidents:
- A selection of plasters in assorted sizes.
- A triangular bandage.
- Sterile dressings in assorted sizes.
- Two sterile eye pads.
- Tweezers for removing splinters.
- Thermometer for fevers.
- Calamine lotion for dabbing onto insect bites, stings and sunburn.
- Antiseptic cream to treat sores, spots and grazes.
- Vapour rub for steam inhalation or to rub on the chest and nose of a child with a stuffy nose or dry cough.
- Paracetamol syrups to relieve pain or fever in young children.
- Soluble Aspirin/Paracetamol/Ibuprofen tablets which are good for headaches, colds, sore throats and painful bruises.
- Menthol crystals to make steam inhalations to treat catarrh and dry or painful coughs.
- Sharp scissors to cut dressings.
- 3” wide crepe bandage to keep dressings in place or support sprains.
- Indigestion remedy.
- Oral rehydration solution.